Saturday, January 21, 2006

-Friday-
Charlie and Wess drove the 5 hours to Cape Canaveral, Fl as Thomas and I slept on the back to seats. I awoke at 5:50 am in the marina and watched as Charlie attempted to remember the combination, for the gate to the ship yard. Unable due to lack of sleep, he climbed back in and we all closed our eyelids until 7 when the gate was opened. Finally after many months of absence I was re-united with our once floating home, now perched up on blocks. I climbed aboard and expecting the worst was pleasantly surprised to find the boat in pretty good condition. I guess all that buffing and waxing payed off! After preparing breakfast, we compiled a shopping list and started off for Walmart, West Marine, Banana Boat Marina, and an auto parts store. Thomas was my most amusing companion and comforted me in my missings of my sissy's and the ordeal of shopping, as which you might be able to tell is one of my favorite activities right?! LOL hehe, well. Thom and I scampered off at the banana boat Marina, peering into the muddy water from the piers. We found a construction site on the harbor with a dock that we ran out on. We were watching a flock of pelicans and discussing my favorite subject, Sharks; LOL when Charlie whistled for us. Back at the boat we unloaded and I set up house keeping persay, organizing and then cleaning. After straightening up everything inside, I scampered up top where I recruited Thom in the assistance of washing the hull and bow.
Hmmm...water hose, thom, and a 5 gall bucket of sudsy water; sounds fishy eh? Yep, I got soaked, well actually, Thom and I somehow managed to give each other a complete bath from head to toe. LOL
Oh that was so much fun!
Finally settling down to our work we shiveringly scrubbed clean and then waxed, whilst Charlie and Wes worked in the engine compartment. Before supper the Campana's arrived!!!!! I joyously jumped down and ran to meet Aunt Lisa. I gave her a grand tour around the boat which consisted of standing in one place whilst your eyes scan the one room living quarters. It took all of 30 seconds and then we chatted whilst I washed dishes. After visiting they departed leaving us one of their vans. We ate supper and then tried to take showers. The marina had hired new people who would not give us a key to the showers. So we gave that up and packed up for the night. Then Charlie drove their van whilsted Wes and I drove the truck. We had a few delays, one at the gas station, and then the van got overheated and the guy's disappeared under her hood trying to conjole her to start. (why do we always call cars, boats, and houses female?) I'm not sure what they did but it took awhile and then we were able to start again. We arrived tired and dirty at the Campana residence where to our enjoyment we surveyed uncle franks new toy truck. It is the cutest little thing and Wes took it for a spin. I joined the kids in a game of Scattergories where I failed miserably. (due to sleepiness to be sure, hehehe) Question: Car parts that start with W. "ummmmm" think Kressant think I drew blank and thus decided that it was time to head to bed eh? LOL
BTW
Window and Wheels would have been good choices. LOL

No comments: