Tuesday, November 21, 2006

~A visit from the Browns~
(And various other Smithy happenings)

Monday evening we were delighted to meet the Kurt Brown family from Wisonsin! And enjoyed their company yesterday evening and this morning:) We had a wonderful time getting to know them some, and just had a ball witht their dear children!!

Shortly after waving goodbye to them, Michael and Kressant arrived:) They are so precious!

The rest of us Smithy's continue busy and happy. Alan and Katie have gone to Roswell for the next couple of days for a computer job. Their baby grows more and more every day and we are excitedly awaiting the time we can see and hold their precious little one! The Lord is good!

~The Smithys wish y'all a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!!!~

~Sincerely,
Rachel~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there.

My name is Ruthanne and I've been lurking for about three whole days now since Kurt Brown told me the name of your blog. :P

The Browns stayed with us a few days before heading your way and I agree they are a delight!

My husband and I met your father, Captain Bret, at the VF Film Academy but only spoke very briefly. I look forward to us possibly getting to know y'all better as time goes by!

I've been reading the Morton Family's blog for some time now and am just amazed at God's goodness and provision with regard to TWO marital unions being formed by His hand between your families. It's beautiful!

Oh, and I'm so intrigued -- as I'm sure many are -- at Michael and Kressant's decision to live without electricity. How fascinating! I love that kind of unique spunk, character and drive in people who dare to live outside the norm. :)

God bless you, Smith Family!

Love,
Ruthanne

SmithFamily said...

Oh Mrs. Shepard it's so nice to finally have a "real" introduction to you, lol! The Brown children told us they had stayed with y'all.

I'm afraid I never had the oppurtunity of knowing the name of your blog before this, but got on this morning and enjoyed it very much! It's so neat how the Lord brings families together in the most interesting ways!

I'm so glad you got to meet Daddy! He sure is precious!

Yes, it has been quite an adventure and delight to watch the Lord work in the lives of our older siblings. Michael and Kressant are such an example to me!! And it's such fun to have Katie so near:)

Well we hope to meet up with y'all sometime soon!

Sincerely,
Rachel Smith